Step Three of the campaign builder is the first page that new users invited to join your referral campaign will see. This page is the landing page for invited friends to find out more about your business.
This page is important because
- It’s your first opportunity to introduce your brand and market yourself to a potential new customer.
- During this step, you will define the experience that the invited person will have.
Defining The Experience For The Person Invited
On the left-hand side, you will see three toggles. These allow you to choose the journey you want the person invited to see.
Option one - Create a different journey for the invited users.
This option allows you to create a different user experience for a new user, to what the person who referred them will see.
When selecting option one, once a new user has signed up to your referral campaign, they will see a "Thank You" page. Here you can thank a new user for joining and explain what will happen next after joining your referral campaign.
For example: Once a new user joins your referral campaign, if a salesperson is going to call them you could explain this on the “Thank You” page. Alternatively, if you wanted a new user to book a call with you after signing up, encourage them to do so and add a button that they could click to book their call.
Option two - Keep the same registration journey for the person invited as the person who referred them.
By selecting option two, the referred user will follow the same journey as the direct users, where all users will follow the same referral journey. This option is common for referral campaigns such as competitions.
For example, A person joins your referral campaign by signing up in step one. They can then share their referral link with a friend to invite them to enter. When the person invited clicks on the link, they will see the same step one as the person that invited them.
Option three - Redirect the person invited to a specific landing page.
Option three allows you to redirect a new user to a specific page on your website where they can continue their journey with your brand.
For example, the person invited by a friend signs up by completing the referral form. Once complete, they are redirected to your website to register as a new user, start shopping or sign up for a newsletter subscription.
Once the referral journey is defined, now you can decide what referred users will see. Remember this is the first page that new users, invited to join your referral campaign will see. It’s your first opportunity to market your business to potential new customers.
Tips For Step Three
- Highlight your unique selling points and why the person invited should enter their details.
- If you are offering an incentive for joining, now would be the time to tell them what their incentive is, encouraging them to sign up.
- Add new text blocks to include more information, add a video or even an image
- Add more form fields to collect more information about a person signing up.
- Edit the button to customize your Call To Action for example if you are offering a voucher as an incentive, the button could read “GET VOUCHER”. Or if you want the person invited to create an account - the button could read "GET STARTED"