Referral Factory is HubSpot's #1 certified referral app! Automate your referral program so you can grow your business without adding to your workload.
Are you looking for referral program software that works with HubSpot?
Get your referral program up and running, and integrated with HubSpot.com, in just a few days 👉 Try Referral Factory
If you already have a Referral Factory account, then keep reading to learn how to set up your integration 👇
In this guide 👇
- What You Need
- Connect your HubSpot Account with Referral Factory
- Send Users from Referral Factory to HubSpot
- Qualify successful referrals when a status changes in HubSpot
- Map User Data from Referral Factory to HubSpot
- Sync HubSpot Contacts with Referral Factory
- Automatically Generate Referral Links for your HubSpot Contacts
What You Can Do With HubSpot and Referral Factory
👉 Sync your HubSpot contacts to generate their referral links.
👉 Send your new referred contacts straight into the HubSpot workflows you already use.
👉 Qualify the referred contacts that convert simply by updating things like: Lead status, Lifecycle stage, Deal Stages, And Custom Properties.
👉 Automatically issue rewards to the contacts who refer new business your way.
👉 Generate more high-quality leads 🚀
What You Need
- Any Referral Factory plan.
- Any HubSpot plan.
- A draft or published referral campaign in Referral Factory.
Please note: You cannot connect multiple HubSpot accounts to your Referral Factory account at the same time.
Connect your HubSpot Account with Referral Factory
- In the left-hand navigation bar of your Referral Factory dashboard, click the Settings tab.
- Click Connect under the HubSpot logo.
- A pop-up will appear. Review the permissions and then click Connect App.
Once your HubSpot account is connected to Referral Factory, you will need to configure your integration inside your campaign(s).
Please note: There are two main functions to configure:
- Send users from Referral Factory into HubSpot.
- Qualify successful referrals when a status changes in HubSpot.
Read more about qualified referrals in this help guide.
Sending users from Referral Factory to HubSpot
- In the left-hand navigation bar, click Campaigns.
- Select the campaign you want to connect to HubSpot.
- In the bottom navigation bar, click Integration.
- Select which Referral Factory users to send into HubSpot as contacts.
- Select Direct if you want to send the Person Referring.
- Select Referred if you want to send the Person Invited.
- You can select both Direct and Referred users!
Tip: If you’re only asking your existing HubSpot contacts to refer, there is no need to send Direct Users.
Please note: If a Referral Factory user is already a HubSpot contact, don’t worry! Referral Factory will check the user’s email address against your contact list and will only create new contacts. Existing contacts will be updated, depending on the user data you map between Referral Factory and HubSpot.
Qualifying successful referrals when a status changes in HubSpot
What will change in HubSpot when you consider a referral successful? Select from 4 options to trigger a successful or converted referral in Referral Factory:
Tip: The fields available in these settings pull directly from your HubSpot account. So, if you have custom properties, statuses, or stages, these will be available for selection.
👉 Lead Status
- Select Lead status would change.
- When Referral Factory first creates the contact in HubSpot, choose which lead status you’d like to categorize them as. For example, ‘New’.
- Then, choose which lead status you’d like to categorize them as when you consider them a successful or converted referral. For example, ‘Connected’.
👉 Lifecycle stage
- Select Lifecycle stage would change
- When Referral Factory first creates a contact in HubSpot, choose which lifecycle stage you’d like to categorize them as. For example, ‘Opportunity’.
- Then, choose which lifecycle stage you’d like to categorize them as when you consider them a successful or converted referral. For example, ‘Customer’.
👉 Deal stage
- Select Deal stage would change.
- Choose a sales pipeline.
- When Referral Factory first creates a contact and associated deal in HubSpot, choose which stage you’d like to categorize the deal as. For example, ‘Appointment scheduled’.
- Then, choose which stage you’d like to categorize the deal as when you consider the deal successful. For example, ‘Closed won’.
Please note: If you select ‘Deal stage would change’, Referral Factory will automatically create a new deal alongside the contact created in HubSpot.
👉 Custom Property
- Select Custom property would change.
- Choose which property you’d like to track.
- When Referral Factory first creates a contact in HubSpot, choose which custom property you’d like to track. For example, ‘Had a demo’.
- Next, assign a custom property status to a newly created contact, and select the appropriate custom property status from the available options. For instance, you may choose 'No' as the status for the contact.
- Then, choose which custom property status of the contact would change when you consider them a successful or converted referral. For example, ‘Yes’.
Once you’ve configured your qualification triggers, you will be asked if you also want to send your HubSpot contacts to Referral Factory.
- Select ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.
- You will be asked to complete these settings at a later stage.
Please note: Your HubSpot contacts will not sync until your campaign setup is complete.
Map User Data from Referral Factory ➡️ HubSpot
- Before you map user data, decide which data you want to sync between Referral Factory and HubSpot.
- Create relevant form fields in your campaign Pages for Person Referring and/or Pages for Person Invited.
- Create relevant custom properties in HubSpot. You will likely want to create properties like ‘Campaign name’, ‘Referral link’, ‘Referrer first name’, ‘Referral count’, and ‘Converted referral count’. For assistance on creating custom properties, 🔗 see HubSpot’s knowledge base.
- Click ‘Map the below fields to the fields in HubSpot’.
- Use the dropdown options to match the relevant data between Referral Factory and HubSpot. The options in the dropdowns will pull from your HubSpot account.
Please note: Keep in mind that Referral Factory requires default fields ‘First Name’ and ‘Email’. If these are not mapped, the integration will not work.
- Map any additional HubSpot values that you want to sync. Click ‘Choose your default HubSpot values from the fields below’. These options will pull from your HubSpot account.
Choose your default HubSpot values from the fields below (optional):
Please Note: The properties in this section must all be selectable in Hubspot Properties. If you have a single-line text property, you can change it to a select option.
- Click Next.
- Once you have configured Email Notifications, complete your HubSpot configuration in the final step: ‘Promote your Campaign’.
Sync HubSpot Contacts with Referral Factory
- Select ‘Generate referral links for your CRM contacts’.
- Scroll down to ‘Sync Your Contacts’.
Tip: Remember that Referral Factory’s integration lets you send data in both directions 🔄 from Referral Factory to HubSpot and from HubSpot to Referral Factory. In the Integrations step of the campaign builder, you configured sending contact information from Referral Factory ➡️ HubSpot. In this step, you configure how to send data from HubSpot ➡️ Referral Factory.
- Choose whether to sync all your HubSpot contacts or a specific list. 🔗 Read about HubSpot lists here.
- If you selected ‘Sync from Specific List’, use the dropdown option to select the list. The options will pull from your HubSpot account. Note that you can select from active or static lists.
- Select whether you want to make the sync between HubSpot and Referral Factory ongoing or once-off.
- Click ‘Next’.
Automatically Generate Referral Links for Hubspot Contacts
- Before you map user data, make sure to have created a custom property in HubSpot for the ‘Referral link’. 🔗Read about custom properties in HubSpot here.
- Use the dropdown options to match the relevant data between Referral Factory and HubSpot. The options in the dropdowns will be pulled directly from your HubSpot account.
- Click ‘Save’.
Please note: Your contacts will NOT be notified unless you choose to notify them in the next step.
Uninstall your HubSpot integration from Referral Factory
- Navigate to the Settings tab on the left-hand side.
- Under the HubSpot logo, select 'Disconnect'.
Please note: Once disconnected, no user data will sync between HubSpot and Referral Factory or vice versa. However, any data that was synced before will still be available in both systems.