Using Pipedrive and Referral Factory together, to automate everything from generating referral links for users, to asking your customers to refer their friends, to marking which referrals convert, to rewarding successful referrals. No-code needed!
Pipedrive is a deal-driven CRM solution that also works as an account-management tool with the ability to assist with marketing and the entire sales process, and when combined with Referral Factory, you can automate many of the manual tasks associated with managing a referral program. With the Referral Factory Pipedrive integration, you can generate more referrals (two times higher quality leads) and grow your business without adding to your workload.
In this guide, you'll learn how to get the most out of Referral Factory and Pipedrive working together!
Syncing your referral program with Pipedrive CRM lets you automatically send through all your newly referred users as new leads and create deals for them in Pipedrive, and qualify them at deal stages that count as conversions. It greatly simplifies your referral program behind the scenes and helps you keep track of which of your referred leads (or referrals) have qualified, as well as which referrers need to be rewarded.
By syncing your referral program and your HubSpot CRM, you can:
👉 Build a referral program that is fully on-brand (using our drag-and-drop builder).
👉 Generate a referral link for all or some of your Pipedrive contacts.
👉 Send all your new referred users (leads) directly into the Pipedrive workflows you already use.
👉 Automatically qualify these referred users when they convert - simply by updating the lead status, lifecycle stage, or deal stage of that contact in Pipedrive.
👉 Automatically reward contacts for their referrals - if your campaign offers rewards.
Referral Factory + Pipedrive work together to run hassle-free referral campaigns, enabling you to grow your business - through referrals!
In order to launch a referral campaign and integrate it with your Pipedrive account, you will need the following:
- A Referral Factory Basic or Pro subscription.
- A published referral program (if you're not sure how to make one, watch this video)
- Any Pipedrive account.
First, you'll need to build your referral program using the campaign builder inside of Referral Factory. Once your referral program is up and running, you can be ready to integrate it with Pipedrive 👇
In this guide, we will show you how to:
- Connect Pipedrive to Referral Factory
- Build and set up your own custom referral campaign
- Set up your Pipedrive Integration
- Map what data you send to Pipedrive (when you get new referred users/leads)
- Automatically qualify your referrals using the Pipedrive workflows you already use
- Sync Pipedrive Contacts with your referral campaign - generating referral links for all your Pipedrive contacts
- Uninstall your Pipedrive integration from Referral Factory
1. Connect Pipedrive to Referral Factory
Click on the settings tab on the left-side navigation bar. Then click the ‘Connect’ button on the Pipedrive integration option. Choose the Pipedrive account you wish to connect to Referral Factory.
*Note you can only connect one Pipedrive account at a time.
Please make sure that you accept giving Referral Factory permission to access your Pipedrive account.
Once your Referral Factory account is connected to Pipedrive, you will need to configure your integration inside your campaign. To do this please navigate to the settings step inside your campaign builder - jump to the third section to see how to do this.
2. Create, Build and Edit Your Referral Campaign
With Referral Factory you can design, build and launch a referral campaign in just a few minutes. Without writing a line of code! You can customize your campaign to look and feel just like your brand too. Our drag-and-drop builder allows you to add your own logo, change the background, edit the font settings and add new content such as headlines, text, images, and videos. For more information on how to build a referral campaign, watch this video.
Once your referral campaign is built, you can now integrate it with the Pipedrive workflows you already use.
3. Setting Up Your Pipedrive Integration
In your campaign settings, you'll see a block at the top that says: ‘Setup your campaign to send users out, and then qualify those users when they convert ’ - let's start here!
- First, define when Referral Factory sends a user into Pipedrive do you want it to be a lead or a deal?
- Then, define what “Type” of Referral Factory user you want to add to Pipedrive - direct users, referred users, or users who have manually been added to a campaign from an existing database. In order to make sure your new referred users get sent to Pipedrive, select the "Referred" users option. The next points can be skipped if you send the users as leads, and you can jump to section four. Follow the process if you want to send them as deals 👇
- Then choose the Pipedrive pipeline you want to send the users to
- Next, define ‘What will the first status of the referred user (lead or referral) be when they arrive in your Pipedrive account as deals. This is the stage that your customer or referred user will have once they are added to your Pipedrive pipeline. In the example image above, we used "Qualified (marketing)".
- Lastly, define ‘What will the status of the user change to when they are qualified”, in your Pipedrive account. Your customer or user will have this status/stage once they convert - in this case, it is "proposal made".
*Note: If a contact already exists in Pipedrive with the same email address that they have used to join your referral campaign the contact will not be duplicated in your Pipedrive CRM.
Once these four steps are completed, users that join your referral campaign will automatically be sent to Pipedrive.
*Note: If you want to Qualify your referred users using a different setup in Pipedrive (that means you don’t want to use our standard option: then we suggest sending the ‘code’ of each referred user into Pipedrive so that you have their unique identifier inside your Pipedrive CRM. When the user qualifies, you can then send their code back to Referral Factory using our ‘Qualify with code’ Zap. You can read how to do that in this Zapier help guide. In the next section, you will see how to map the ‘code’ field to send it to Pipedrive.
4. Map What Data You Send To Pipedrive
Define the user data that you want to collect and send to Pipedrive. Keep in mind that Pipedrive requires "First Name" and "Title" fields, but we highly recommend to also map "Email" as well. so you will need to send these.
Make sure that these fields have also been created in your Pipedrive account in order to successfully send the data points you've mapped out. If that field doesn’t exist in Pipedrive then the contact will not be sent through.
Learn how to create custom fields in Pipedrive by watching this video👇
You can also include the first name and email address of the referrer as a contact property when sending referred leads to Pipedrive.
Once you've published your campaign and you start getting referrals, they’ll automatically be sent to your Pipedrive account with the deal status that you assigned.
5. Automatically Qualifying Your Referrals In Pipedrive
Qualifying referrals makes it easy for you to see how many referrals you have. You will also be able to identify who needs to be rewarded for referring a new user.
To qualify new referrals on Referral Factory, simply update the Lead Status in Pipedrive. You can decide in your campaign settings how you want to do this.
When you do this, the status of the user in Referral Factory will change accordingly, letting you know that the lead has been qualified. The change will be as follows:
Qualified = No
Qualified = Yes
From the example below, we can see that Sally referred to Deana. Now that Sally has been qualified we can see that Deana has a converted referral and needs to be issued a reward. Read this article to find more ways to referrals qualification.
6. Sync Pipedrive Contacts with your referral campaign - generating referral links for all your Pipedrive contacts
You can sync all of your Pipedrive contacts or a specific list of contacts with your referral program. This will allow you to add those contacts to your referral program and issue them with their own unique referral links - this means you can include a contacts referral link in all your automated marketing efforts!
This is how you generate referral links for all or some of your Pipedrive contacts:
From the Outputs tab of your campaign, click on the Sync Your CRM Contacts button.
From here you can follow the prompts to sync your contacts. It's important to note that you can choose to sync ALL contacts. You can also choose to keep this sync ongoing or to only do a once-off sync. This depends on whether you simply want to generate referral links for the contacts you already have in Pipedrive today, or you want to generate referral links for the contacts you have in Pipedrive today AND the contacts you'll have in Pipedrive in the future.
Please make sure to map the Referral Link field to a field you create in Pipedrive.
7. Uninstalling The Pipedrive Integration
To uninstall Pipedrive from Referral Factory please navigate to the 'Settings' tab on the left-hand side.
Then select 'Disconnect'.
Once Pipedrive has been disconnected the sending of new user data from Referral Factory to Pipedrive will stop.
Any data that was sent before the de-installation of Referral Factory and Pipedrive will be available in both places. Any new user data will still be available in Referral Factory as your campaigns will not be paused or stopped.
If you'd like more information on how to use Referral Factory and Pipedrive together - please book a demo with our team.