You can host your referral program on your own domain - this means that your referral program can be on a custom domain of your choosing.
What You’ll Need:
- A domain that you own and have access to.
- Administrative access to your domain's DNS with your domain hosting provider.
- An active Referral Factory subscription.
This guide will show you the following:
1. How to add your own domain to your Referral Factory Account
First, log in to your Referral Factory account. Then navigate to the Billing page.
Toggle on the option to have a custom domain.
A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm that you would like to add your own domain to your current subscription. Click Yes!
Insert your domain here and click SAVE.
2. Connect your custom domain to your referral program
You will be sent an email confirming your request to host your referral campaign on your own domain.
Follow the steps below in order to point your referral program to your own domain.
- Navigate to the hosting platform you use to host your website/domain.
- Navigate to the domain settings of the custom domain you have added to your Referral Factory account.
- Find and click on the Manage button, and from there you should be able to navigate to your DNS settings (this could be called DNS Settings or Manage DNS).
- In the DNS Manager section, look for the CNAME (Alias) records, then click Add Record.
- Fill in the form fields with the following values:
- The type will be CNAME.
- Host Record will be the subdomain you want to publish your campaigns to - this will be a subdomain on your own website. For example: if your custom domain added in Referral Factory is referrals.website.com, the Host Record value must be referrals).
- Points To or Will Redirect To value, this must be redirect.referral-factory.com
- TTL can be left as-is or set to a default of 4 hours, or 14400 seconds.
- Click Save to add the record.
Below is an example of what you will see.
Please note you will need to wait 24-48 hours for your record to update.
3. Examples of DNS settings for different providers
Something to note - Make sure the Proxy Status to off “DNS Only” otherwise Cloudflare will attempt to redirect it incorrectly. Below is a screenshot to help you
Something to note - Make sure the value in the CNAME entry is set to redirect.referral-factory.com
The steps mentioned above may vary depending on which hosting provider you use. If you need help setting up your custom domain, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org