Want to send email notifications for your referral program through your Gmail email server? Read this article to help you get set up.
Let's start 👇
- Log in to your Referral Factory account and click on the Settings tab in the left-hand navigation bar.
- If your outbound email address is not set, add it.
- Click on the "Manage Email" button to configure your settings.
- Here you will need to enter your SMPT credentials for your own email server.
- Gmail SMTP Server Address: smtp.gmail.com
- Gmail SMTP Port (TLS): 587
- Gmail SMTP Username: Your full Gmail address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Gmail SMTP Password: The password that you use to log in to Gmail
- Encryption: TLS
To configure your custom SMTP settings for Gmail 👇
- From your Gmail account, go to Settings.
- Select the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" settings.
- Under the 'IMAP access' section, toggle on the option to "Enable IMAP".
- Click "Save Changes".
You need to activate 2-Step Verification to complete the SMTP setup.
- From your Gmail, go to Manage your Google Account
- Go to security, and turn on 2 step verification
- Once you activate it, click on App passwords
- On the 'App passwords' page, use the drop-down menu to select "Mail" as the App and "Other (Custom name)" as the device.
- Name your custom device and then click Generate button.
- A new app password will be generated for you. Copy the password.
- Past the password here 👇
Once you've set up everything, it's time to test your own email server setup to confirm that your new SMTP settings are working.
- From your Referral Factory account, go to the campaigns tab.
- Choose a campaign and click edit.
- Go to email notifications and send the test email.
An example without setting up your own email server 👇
An example with setting up your own email server 👇