In this article, we’re going to show you how to build the landing pages that the person invited will see when they join your referral program.
Once you have built the pages for person referring, you can now build the pages that the person invited (sometimes called the referred user) will see after they click on their friend’s referral link.
In this help guide, we are going to cover the following:
- What is the first step for person invited
- How to collect valuable data about the person invited
- What is the second step for person invited
1. What is the first step for person invited
The first step of the person invited page is the most important page of your referral program. This page usually includes an offer, or an incentive, or a recommendation. This is the page that the person invited will see, once they click on the referral link send by the person referring.
- When the person invited clicks on their friend's link, they can see the name of the friend who referred them on the landing page making it look like their friend is personally inviting them to try the product or service. This is what makes the pages convert higher than if they were directed to the customer's website.
- Тhis page is also the first thing that the person invited will see about the business so it's a great opportunity for them to include more information about who they are, what they do, and why the person invited should choose them.
- Offering an incentive will give the person invited another reason to enter their details - so that they can get their offer.
- This will allow customers to gather details of the referred users upfront. One of the valuable points of the landing page is that you can gather information about (the leads) or people being referred - even if they don’t convert straight away. You can use this information to send emails to or build regathering audiences etc. So even if the referred user doesn’t convert right away, you will have their details so that you can market to them later.
Tips to make your page look great 👇
- Keep your messaging short and clear
- Have a strong CTA
- Make your page look nice and engaging
Here is an example from our own referral program of the page that the person invited will see when they click on their friend's referral ink.
“Jenny” is the person referring, and she sent her link to a friend, this is what her friend (person invited) would see 👇
By using more visual content, you can get your campaign looking right on brand, give more information without needing the person to read too much text and create a great first impression 💃🏻
In the first step for your person referring of your referral program, you can add
- titles and body text
- any elements you want - images, videos, GIFs
- form fields - input field, select field, CRM field, and a hidden field.
- a button that links to different URLs
Read more about how to add form fields to your referral campaigns in this help guide
2. How to collect valuable data about the person invited
Your aim on this page is to get the person invited to give you their details. "First Name" and "Email" are the required form fields, but you can add more such as Input, select, CRM, or hidden fields to gather data that will help you convert the potential customer.
And, if you're integrating with a CRM, the information you ask for in this form can be mapped to existing or custom fields/properties to use in your sales pipeline.
Read more about the form fields in this help guide.
3. What is the second step for person invited
Once the person invited has filled out the form, you can show them a second landing page that you build in Referral Factory or you can redirect them to a URL that you choose.
- Default Option - By default, the call-to-action button will take the person invited to a new page where you can thank them for filling in their details and tell them what to expect next.
Different ways you could use this page for 👇
- Thank the user for entering their details and letting them know that someone from your team will contact them.
- Add a button with a link for users to book an appointment or demo.
- Include a promotional code on this page with a button that directs them to your shop.
- Encourage downloads by adding buttons to different app stores so it is easier for users to download.
Here is an example of how the second step (default option) of the pages for person invited looks like 👇
- Redirect Option - This option allows you to immediately redirect the person invited to a link of your choice, such as a link to your website. This means they won’t see the “thank you” page anymore.
You can turn on the redirect function by toggling this on 👇
Here is an example of how the second step (redirect option) of the pages for person invited looks like 👇
You can also pass through the fields captured on the previous page to your website when a person invited is redirected.
You can then set a name for each parameter you want to send. If you do not pass along the data, please leave these fields blank.