In this help guide, we’re going to show you what email notifications are available in Referral Factory.
As soon as you have set up and designed your referral program, you will need to edit the content of your email notifications.
Referral Factory offers 7 different types of email notifications for both the person referring and the person invited.
For The Person Referring 👇
- When They Join Your Campaign
- When The Person They Invited Joins Your Campaign
- When The Person They Invited Converts
For The Person Invited 👇
Note* To comply with email marketing rules, all email notifications and announcements sent via Referral Factory include an unsubscribe link.
Explaining Email Notifications For The Person Referring
There are 4 types of email notifications available for the person referring 👇
- For The Person Referring (When They Join Your Campaign) - These email notifications will go out to the person referring when they enter their details and join your referral campaign.
- For The Person Referring (When The Person They Invited Joins Your Campaign) - These email notifications go out once an invited person fills in the form of a referral campaign and joins it.
- For The Person Referring (When The Person They Invited Converts) - These email notifications go to the person referring, every time one of their invited persons converts.
A conversion could be a sale, a contract signed, an account opened, etc.
- For The Person Referring (Reminder) - Reminder email for the existing users about your referral program which will encourage them to keep referring their friends.
Explaining Email Notifications For The Person Invited
There are 3 types of email notifications available for the person invited 👇
- For The Person Invited (When They Join Your Campaign) - These email notifications go out once a person invited joins your referral campaign.
- For The Person Invited (When They Convert) - Email notifications will be sent to the person invited once they have converted. A conversion could be a sale, a contract signed, an account opened, etc.
- For The Person Invited (Reminder) - The reminder email is for the invited users to remind them to continue the process of converting. This should remind the person invited to do the action that is intended.
How To Set Up Email Notifications For Your Campaign?
To access all your emails, and edit them individually, go to the “Email Notifications'' step in your campaign builder.
Please note that to flip between the notifications for the person referring and the notifications for the person invited, you use these tabs 👇
Elements you can add or change on your email notifications 👇
- titles and body text
- images, videos, GIFs.
- social share buttons and copy links
- changing the subject
- buttons that link to different URLs
The styling for your user’s email notifications is pulled from the design of your main campaign. You cannot use different background images, colors and fonts for each email as your campaign only has one design theme.
Learn more about the design/theme of your campaign in this help guide.
You also have the option to turn off these email notifications and simply send emails from your own CRM that follow your standard business processes. To do that, just deselect the email you don't want to use.
Note*. If you find your emails go to spam please enable your own email server. We do everything we can to maintain a good domain rating, but it can vary because our system sends millions of notifications to different customers monthly.
The best way to ensure your emails don't go to spam is to enable your own email server. Read this help guide on how to send email notifications using your own email server.
Important! Also, make sure you add an outbound address to your referral campaign.
When users join your referral campaign they will receive the email notifications that you have activated when setting up your campaign. The outbound email address is the email address you want these notifications to come from.
Read this help guide to learn how you can add a 'From Email' address known as an outbound email address.